Share

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day

This weekend my parents came up to my place, and Cy and I took them to see Super 8, and dinner at Nanbankan, one of our favorite Japanese restaurants on the westside.  I always struggle to decide what to get my Dad, even though I know that he's just one of those people that doesn't need anything material to make him happy...except maybe the occasional cool new techie toy ;)  He's definitely the most humble one in our family - the steady and solid rock.

Cy solved the problem by suggesting we bake a cake for him since he had a big sweet tooth (Guess it runs in the family).  A Lemon Blueberry Poundcake to be exact.  We had just gotten a really cool mold so this was the perfect opportunity to try it out.  My Dad was wowed by the presentation - my Mom even thought the cake was fake, just a decoration.

In anycase, I'm glad my Dad enjoyed the day - it was the least we could do for everything he's done for us.  Thanks Dad!!

2 comments:

  1. It was the most beautiful Lemon Blueberry Poundcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your nice comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by this post. Your comments inspire and motivate me so please feel free to share your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP